Finally had a chance to repot my dewy pine last night after receiving the pumice and silica sand that I ordered as well as purchasing a 10-inch pot. Right now it seems like a tremendous waste of space, but once it matures, it’ll be thoroughly worth it.
wow - you don’t see these grown very often
Hope it does well for you! Lovely plants but can be a challenge…
And here’s the young Cephalotus plant grown from a leaf cutting taken in 2013. It looks like it may be about to produce its first pitcher. The leaves are much larger than the other plants grown from leaf cuttings.
The flowers on my nepenthes Rebecca have started to form. I’m totally amazed that I have flowers as the plants sits on a windowsill and does get very humid at all except for the once every other day spray from a water squirter.
New cephs. Unfortunately, the largest of the bunch was dislodged from the medium during shipping and ended up losing its traps and leaves, but once I clipped them off at the stalk, I noticed some new growth a couple of days later. I also decided to group all of the cephs together in order to make watering a bit easier and to save a bit of room.
Added some plants to the bog garden and moss wall. I’ve removed the Venus flytraps and decided to turn this container bog garden into a sundew area. The moss wall seems to be growing well and I’m hoping to have it covered in sundews by the end of summer. Next I’m going to see if I can create a bog for my cobra Lilly’s and a wall for my cephalotus (one day I will spell that right!)
Thanks for taking the time to look at my blurred photos and read my illiterate rambling notes…..happy growing!
Just spent two hours pricking out a tray of Venus flytrap seedlings. The first two photos show the seedlings the rest show a new big garden with approx 100 seedlings withe the remaining 60ish being spread out in their original tray.
If you are interested the bog garden has a layer of clay pellets covered with fabric, which is in turn covered with horticultural sand on top of which is the peat perlite mix. A pipe is used to water and keep the reservoir full and is covered with a fabric lid and a small log.
The vfts are all grown from my own seed and were originally sown in 2011, they remained small as they were overcrowded in the tray. Hopefully I will see some significant growth this year.
Very nice! I’ve tried to create a ‘bog’ a couple of times and it’s never really worked - but they do look good! I’ll have to try again…